Auditions and rehearsals for the Youth Chorale start in August!
We are quite excited to hear more incredible young talent here in Central Pennsylvania! We are also proud to announce our new music director and conductor Russell Wynn Jr!
Born and raised in Sunbury, Russ is a graduate of Shikellamy High School and Susquehanna University. He has had 25 years of experience as a music director and conductor. He now serves as the director of Secondary Choral Music and Theater at the Milton High School, as well as coordinator of Music Ministries at St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church in Milton. Russ will provide the artistic vision for the SVYC programming, and lead and select singers for all three youth ensembles: Preparatory Chorus, Camerata and High School Valley Singers.
Important information from Coleen Renshaw:
- Auditions for Fall Session include grades 3-12
- Auditions are Saturday, August 20th from 9AM till noon and Monday, August 22nd from 6 to 8PM
- Auditions will take place at:
Reformed Baptist Church | 830 Buffalo Rd. Lewisburg
- All Singers (returning and new) must audition. Mr. Wynn, our new director, would like to hear each singer in order to choose music and to place each singer in the correct group. Each audition will last approximately 7 minutes. Please have your child prepare a short excerpt – a verse and chorus of a song. They will also be asked to do some vocalizing and ear training exercises.
- Attire will also be fitted on these two dates. Amy Caron will take care of the attire as she has done in the past.
- Rehearsals for all three groups – Preparatory, Camerata and Valley Singers will take place on Monday nights. Rehearsals will also be at the Reformed Baptist Church.
- Times for Rehearsals:
Preparatory – 5:00 to 5:45
Camerata – 6:00 to 7:00
Valley Singers – 7:15 to 8:15
- First rehearsals will begin August 29. There will not be rehearsal on Labor Day.
- The dress rehearsal and concert will take place at:
St. John’s United Church of Christ | 1050 Buffalo Rd. Lewisburg
- Dress Rehearsal is November 12th, from 10 AM to Noon, and the Concert is November 13 at 3PM
- The tuition cost will be $90.00 per singer. There is also a $10.00 rental fee for the concert attire. There will be a $5.00 discount if there is a sibling in one of the groups. There will also be a $5.00 discount if a returning singer refers a new singer who is accepted.
- For returning singers, it would be greatly appreciated if you could pay your tuition fee on the day of your audition. Tuition fees for new singers will be due at the first rehearsal on August 29. To make the accounting process a bit easier, please include the payment form with your check, cash, money order or credit card information. You may want to arrive a little early at auditions to fill out the necessary forms. If you need to pay in two installments, the first payment is due August 29 and the final payment is due September 26.
- If you need to apply for a scholarship, please return the form on the audition day. You will be notified before the first rehearsal if the scholarship will be granted.
To schedule your audition, please call Coleen Renshaw at 570-765-0637 or email at email@example.com to make an appointment for your singer.
For more information about our Youth Chorale, visit youth.svcmusic.org.